Monday, July 25, 2011

Daily 5 Weekly Recording Sheet

This summer I read The Daily 5 by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser.  I. L♥VED. IT.  The Daily Five is a series of literacy tasks (reading to self, reading to someone, work with writing, work with words, and listening to reading) which students complete daily INDEPENDENTLY while the teacher meets with small groups or confers with individuals.

Although I've done literacy stations for years, most of them were not routines; they were dependent on teacher directions and tied to a story or skill.  I'm excited to restructure my literacy time to include a structure promoted in The Daily 5.  As such, I had to create a recording sheet for my little tumbleweeds to use to show what they worked on during our Language Arts time.  My vision for this recording sheet is that my students will write what they did at each station each day.  I also created two versions of it...one has a place for 15 Spelling Words and the other has room for 20 Spelling Words.  You'll also notice I have used Monday-Thursday and have omitted Friday.  I left Friday off because in my class, we usually utilize Fridays for completing work, taking tests, etc. 

Daily Five Weekly Record 15 Spelling Words

Daily Five Weekly Record 20 Spelling Words

If you'd like an editable version, just email me (belinda.kinney@gmail.com).  The title font used is Marker Felt Wide which can be downloaded for free here.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you send me the 15 word one? I can't get it to download. Thank you.
Dawn Larson
larsond@live.siouxcityschools.com

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...